Friday, October 16, 2009

How Can You Date A Red Sox Fan?

It's a question I get often, because I'm a Yankees fan. Not only is my lovely boyfriend a Red Sox fan, he's from Boston, and a Boston sports fan in general.

When I first met him, it was just before the first Yankees-Red Sox game, and we were busting on each other the whole night. Surviving that first series was kinda hard, but he was nothing but nice about beating my team. Well as nice as he could be, being a Sox fan and all ;).

It wasn't really hard after that series. Even with the Yankees going 0-8 against the Sox, we still had fun with it. We're obviously both very passionate about out teams, and we have had some fights about them, but it doesn't consume the relationship. We always know how far to take things with each other, and when to back off. It's just fun to pick on each other every now and then. Our passion for sports is one (of many) that brings us together.

Trust me, he gets on my nerves with his Boston cockiness, but I still love him no matter what at the end of day. Were there times in the beginning where I wanted to punch him? Yes, of course. Were there times where I wanted to take every little thing had had with Sox on it and burn it? Hell yes. I got over it though. Started somewhere around the time my team started winning.

As much as sports rule our lives, we never let that get in the way. I think that bodes well for us in the long run. No matter what happens between all the teams we root for. I still love my Loves (Boston accent and all.)

2 comments: